By Maura Breth, Staff Writer
Monday, Dec. 2:
- The Long Road to Equality Exhibit
- Dec. 2 to Dec. 6 from 8 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. each day in the CUB Lobby
- Stop by this week to see the Long Road to LGBTQ+ Equality in Pennsylvania’s traveling history exhibit that showcases the efforts that activists have undertaken in PA to achieve equality.
- This exhibit is sponsored by the PA LGBT History Network whose mission is to engage others in Pennsylvania’s LGBTQ+ history, historic sites, archival collections, and to facilitate collaboration between organizations, institutions, and individuals.
Tuesday, Dec. 3:
- The Regulation of Vaping Panel
- Dec. 3 at 7 p.m. in Mara Auditorium
- The recent outbreak of lung injuries associated with vaping raises the question: What responsibility does the government have to regulate these activities?
- This panel discussion will explore that question and compare the situation of e-cigarettes to the regulation of regular cigarettes.
- Moderated by the Eisenhower Institute Undergraduate Fellows and includes perspectives from Megan Benka-Coker, Assistant Professor of Health Sciences at Gettysburg College, Chris Bostic, Deputy Director for Policy, Action on Smoking and Health, and Sarah Owermohle, Health Care Reporter for POLITICO.
Wednesday, Dec. 4:
- Schmucker Art Gallery Opening Reception and Gallery Talk
- Reception: Dec. 4 from 5 – 7 p.m., Gallery Talk: Dec. 5 at noon in the Schmucker Art Gallery
- See the opening of Luxurious Surfaces: Chinese Decorative Arts from the 15th to the Early 20th Century, running through March 6, 2020 in the Schmucker Art Gallery. Under Professor Yan Sun, students in the Art History Methods course analyze a collection of Asian art, including textiles, stone sarcophagus rubbings, and exquisite jade, lacquer, and porcelain objects.
Thursday, Dec. 5:
- Upscale Winter Concert
- Dec. 5 from 7 – 8 p.m. in the CUB Junction
- Watch one of Gettysburg’s a cappella groups perform their winter concert to round out the semester.
Friday, Dec. 6:
- Winter Choral Concert
- Dec. 6 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. in the Christ Chapel
- The Winter Choral Concert will feature the College Choir, Concert Choir, Audeamus, and Camerata to showcase one of the hallmarks of the Sunderman Conservatory of Music here at Gettysburg College
- Tickets are $5 and free for children 18 and under and for those with a Gettysburg College ID. Tickets are sold at the event only; cash or check only.
Saturday, Dec. 7:
- Holiday Film Fest
- Dec. 7 at the Majestic Theater
- Enjoy a full day of classic Christmas movies at the Majestic Theater this Saturday
- Movie schedule for the day includes:
- 10 a.m.: The Polar Express (2004)
- 1 p.m.: Elf (2003)
- 4 p.m.: White Christmas (1954)
- 7 p.m.: A Christmas Story (1983)
- Individual tickets for each movie are $10 for adults and $5 for children; they can be purchased in person at the box office and online at Fandango