By Maura Breth, Staff Writer
Monday, Nov. 4:
- Convos, Cookies, and Consent Workshop #2
- Nov. 4 from 3:30 to 5 p.m. in the OME Basement
- Join the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape to learn what you need to know about consent and bystander intervention skills
- For any questions, please contact Amanda Blaugher at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Branding as Public Policy in Puerto Rico: From City Branding to Resiliency
- Nov. 4 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in Mara Auditorium
- Join senior lecturer Carlos A. Suárez Carrasquillo with the Center for Latin American Studies and Department of Political Science at the University of Florida as he discusses the efforts made in Puerto Rico of branding as a key tool of public policy in the last few decades.
- The discussion will also address the evolution of branding as it relates to the aftermath of Hurricane Maria from 2017
- This event is co-sponsored by the departments of Anthropology, Economics, Environmental Studies, History, Management, and Political Science at Gettysburg College.
Tuesday, Nov. 5:
- BASS Seminar: The Regal Fritillary Reintroduction Project
- Nov. 5 from 6 to 6 p.m. in Bowen Auditorium (McCreary 115)
- Wildlife biologist Mark Swartz speaks on the reintroduction of the Fort Indiantown National Guard Training Center to turn it from a research base into an eventual grassland habitat for self-sustaining regal fritillary.
- Local Gettysburg Election
- Nov. 5 from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the CUB Ballroom
- This Tuesday, there will be an election for the borough of Gettysburg and for Adams County.
- If you have registered in Gettysburg and this is your first time voting in Pennsylvania, please remember to bring your school ID or a government-issued ID. If you have voted in PA before, you do not need your ID.
- If you have any questions about election day, please contact Emily Dalgleish at email@example.com
Wednesday, Nov. 6:
- Tropical Terrestrial Presentations
- Nov. 6 at noon in McCreary 202
- If you have an interest in hearing about Gettysburg College student experiences while traveling in Peru and are interested in international research, join Biosphere for their tropical terrestrial presentations!
- Panhellenic Council Fall Bake Sale
- Nov. 6 from 6 to 9 p.m. in Musselman Library
- Come to Musselman Library and enjoy the Panhellenic Council’s fall bake sale with fall-themed goods to support their philanthropy with the Circle of Sisterhood
Thursday, Nov. 7:
- Chemistry Department Student Seminar
- Nov. 7 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Darrah Auditorium (McCreary 101)
- Join chemistry students Paige Ashley ‘21, Julia Sharapi ‘22, and Vivian Soullaird ‘22 as they present their science research.
Friday, Nov. 8:
- Gettysburg College Jazz Ensemble: “The Atomic Mr. Basie!”
- Nov. 8 at 8 p.m. at the Majestic Theater
- Come listen to the Gettysburg Jazz Ensemble and vocal chamber group of Camerata as they present selections of Count Basie’s “The Atomic Mr. Basie”. Enjoy the ensemble’s renditions of big band classics from one of Basie’s most famous and beloved recordings!
- Tickets are $5, and free for children 18 and under and for those with a Gettysburg College Student ID
- Tickets can be purchased online at www.gettysburgmajestic.org
- Vietnamese Cultural Day
- Nov. 8 from 7 to 9 p.m. at 102 West Water St. 010 (Mosaic House)
- Come celebrate Vietnamese culture throughout this festival that will have traditional Vietnamese foods, drinks, games, crafts, music, and more!
Saturday, Nov. 9:
- Student Recital: Voice Area
- Nov. 9 from 7 to 8 p.m. in Paul Recital Hall (Schmucker 222)
- A student recital put on by members of the voice area at the Sunderman Conservatory of Music.
- Free admission
- LinCon Comic and Gaming Convention
- Nov. 9 and Nov. 10 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. with vendors in the CUB Ballroom and activities in the Junction, CUB 260, and Plank Gym
- Gettysburg College’s annual comic and gaming convention, sponsored by the Office of Multicultural Engagement