Author: Benjamin Pontz
Benjamin Pontz '20 serves as editor-in-chief of The Gettysburgian. Previously, he served as a staff writer, event coverage coordinator, news editor, and managing news editor. During his tenure, he has written more than 150 articles, and he led the team that won first place in the 2017 Keystone Press Awards for ongoing news coverage of Robert Spencer's visit to Gettysburg College and co-wrote the package of editorials that won first place in the 2018 Keystone Press Awards. He has interned with "Smart Talk" at WITF in Harrisburg and with PA Post. Ben is a political science and public policy double major with a minor in music, and he reads up to seven newspapers daily. Follow him on Twitter @benpontz.
On Target Podcast
- February 17, 2020: “Matt Salton on the Democratic Primaries and a Look at Gettysburgives”
- February 10, 2020: “Alyssa Kaewwilai on working with NASA and Raytheon to make environmental data accessible to the public”
- February 3, 2020: “Discussing Civil Discourse and the Reorganization of the President’s Office”
- January 27, 2020: “Emily Dalgleish shares thoughts on the 2020 Democratic field and the upcoming Iowa Caucuses”
- December 2, 2019: “Discussing data science with Professors Rud Platt and Lisa Portmess”