Gettysburg Great Recipes: JMR’s Grilled Salmon
By College President Janet Morgan Riggs
Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- 2 lbs. salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
For the Salsa:
- 1 avocado, mashed up
- ½ small red onion diced (replace with onion powder if you want to avoid a strong onion taste)
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 tbs finely chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Mix salt, cumin, paprika, onion powder, chili powder, and black pepper together. Rub the salmon with olive oil and this seasoning mix.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix the salsa ingredients together and chill until ready to use.
- Grill the salmon to desired doneness.
- Top with the chilled avocado salsa and enjoy!!
Editor’s Note: This is the first installment of “Gettysburg Great Recipes,” a new feature in which members of the campus community submit their favorite recipes. If you would like to be featured, please submit the recipe and a photo (of you and/or the dish) to firstname.lastname@example.org.